Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Etiquette The Lost Art

In a world where anything goes sometimes we struggle to figure out where things really go. We never seem to loose sight of what is fashionable (well at least most of us) but even then, sometimes with all that is out there we forget about some of those fabulous essentials and overdo it. We can walk out of the house one trendy mess. But those of us who always keep those classics in our every day wardrobe and adorn it with those new fab pieces we splurge on, we walk out looking amazing. Socially speaking it is time to go to the back of the closet and dust off some of those essential teachings of etiquette our grandmothers crocheted on pillows. If we give them a modern twist they will guide us to be better connected through thoughtfulness and kindness; not just through facebook, twitter, blogs, e-mail, and what ever other social media is out there. Today we need to know where to sit your fiancĂ©'s father and his new girlfriend  (who happens to be your age), do you bring a hostess gift, what is a hostess gift, do I send a thank you via e-mail or snail mail, and what about those social medias you use... there is proper facebook etiquette believe it or not! Ahhh it could make your head spin... but lets stop spinning as I blog some of my solutions and my favorite web sites that tamed all my social nerves.

1 comment:

  1. yay Sara! I think that I will love your blog it sounds very interesting! I'm excited to see what your first topic will be!

    ReplyDelete